Photoshoot Pricing

For any of my digital photography services, I charge $500 an hour, with different options for minimum times and billing intervals that are detailed below. All photoshoots include professionally edited high-resolution digital images, personal printing rights, and an online interactive gallery for six months. This pricing guide is meant to provide initial information and transparency, but I recommend reaching out via social media or my contact form to get more details, answer questions, and build a custom package.

Frequently Asked Questions

What deposits are required and is the deposit refundable?

No photoshoot is officially scheduled until the deposit is received! With weddings I require a 30% deposit at the time of contract signing. The remaining 70% is due one month prior to the event. For all other photoshoots I don't require a contract and ask for a $100 deposit at the time of booking, with the remainder due the day of the shoot. These deposits are non-refundable, but are transferable to another date as long as there is sufficient notice given. For most photoshoots, for example, it's common to adjust the date with bad weather or kids being sick. For all payments, I only accept cash, checks or google wallet.

How many edited photos will I receive? Can I get the unedited versions?

The number of photos in the final gallery varies with many factors like lighting and crowds, but does generally scale with the length of time of the shoot. Most one hour photoshoots, for example, tend to have 50 to 75 edited photos in the final gallery. Weddings can have more than that per hour, especially if there is a second shooter. For headshots, I usually offer between 5 to 10 edited photos, working with the client to select their favorites. For any photoshoot, I do not offer unedited or "raw" images of edited photos or unselected photos. Like a bad first draft, raw photos are not reflective of the final, artistic product. The process of culling and editing are part of the service package I provide as your photographer.

Do you charge extra for travel fees?

Anywhere between San Diego and Santa Barbara is covered in the photoshoot fee! For locations beyond Southern California, please get in touch so we can coordinate if it's a good fit, although I am usually down for an excuse to explore any new spots. Travel fees usually cover the cost of the extra driving and a night at a hotel nearby if needed. Some of my favorite extended photoshoot spots in California include Big Sur, Joshua Tree, Yosemite, Bishop, and Half Moon Bay, but I have many more on my bucket list!

When will I get my edited photos back?

Within one week of your photoshoot, I will send you about a dozen sneak peaks through an online gallery system. This will give you the chance to check out the edits and let me know if you have any adjustments you would like made. Delivery for the remaining photos depends slightly on my current editing queue and you are always welcome to ask for updates on gallery timeline. I deliver almost all photos within two months, but weddings especially may take longer in a busy season.

Do you shoot film at photoshoots or just digital?

I love integrating film photos into photoshoots, especially weddings! You can add rolls of film to any photoshoot for $125 per roll, which includes a set of prints. You will also get the option to choose your film stock, although I often recommend a classic black and white roll, especially for weddings. I develop and print my film with the Darkroom Lab in San Clemente, which has about a one month lead time.